We are the top Brazilian Jiu Jitsu team in Southern Brazoria County – Lake Jackson. We offer Jiu Jitsu classes at all levels for children. Our School teaches and prepares each student from the first-time-on-the-mat beginner to our World Champion athletes that already train with us. We believe in Jiu Jitsu and what it can do for each child.
No matter the reason for looking into Jiu Jitsu, we have you and your child’s needs covered. Many of our students come to us looking for confidence building, social engagement, learning discipline and respect, competing in a new sport, self defense and dealing with bullying, etc. The reasons to come learn Jiu Jitsu with us are endless!
Our School boasts a friendly, team atmosphere. Come to any class of ours and you will witness teammates working together to teach and learn new techniques and students sparring not just to win, but to help each other become their best. More and more kids and parents and siblings are coming together to learn a sport that they can all engage and spend quality, family time participating in. We want every person to feel welcome walking through the door at our School and our students do their part in helping us promote a friendly, team-centered environment.
Our kids classes are simplified versions of our Adults classes. Each class utilizes teaching to prepare the student for the next class level. We work each class in a variety of movements. Each level of our kids class work fundamental movement, coordination and conditioning training, stretching and breathing exercises. We believe in building a complete athlete and, in doing so, we teach more than just Jiu Jitsu.
In each class, we work –
- Discipline and respect – A cornerstone taught in all martial arts, discipline and respect is learned throughout all of our classes. We believe in teaching our young athletes how to follow directions and how to follow through with consequences (good and bad) for their decisions. Respect is also learned throughout the fight, where each child learns how strong they can be and also how strong other people can be.
- Coordination and agility – Our overall goal should facilitate their improvement in both Jiu Jitsu and any other sport our students participate in. Therefore, one of the teachings each class is designated for footwork, body exercises, balance and coordination.
- A new technique – Taught from a different spot in the fight each day to make your fight game complete.
- Specific training- A sparring session from the spot that we worked on during class that allows you to feel more comfortable fighting from that situation.
- Stretching and breathing- To increase flexibility and control your breathing during extreme and stressful situations.
- Sparring/Full training- Everyday we have time set aside for the students who want to participate in the full sparring.
- Building a friendly, team-centered environment- at the beginning of each class, students are welcomed and each class ends with high fives all around and a big team “break” from the center of the mat.